08 Jun Baja 2018 Epic Adventure
Posted at 14:10h in 4 Wheel Repairs, 4 Wheeling, Jeep, Jeep JK Unlimited, Jeep Repair, Jeep Trail, Off-Road, Overland, Photography, Tucson Arizona, Wheeling 0 Comments
List of things I learned on the trip:
- Stay on highway 1 all the way down if you want to get the farthest down in the shortest amount of time.
- Jog east or west off of Highway 1 to get to the coastal destinations you want to explore or stay at.
- Ioverlander is an epic app that works without cell signal and it found us some amazing beaches to camp on each night.
- Bring extra repair gear if you go off-road. Have everyone in your group carry some but not duplicate tools.
- Make sure everyone on the trip has realistic expectations of what the adventure will be like. Dry Camping? RV Camping? Showers?
- Agree on daily departure and arrival expectations.
- Bring extra gas. There are some long stretches where you will need 5 to 10 gallons extra.
- Don’t get freaked out about all the military checkpoints. We found everyone to be courteous and respectful while doing their jobs and remember they are keeping you safe.
- Take lots of pics and videos along the way.
- Relax, Take your time and enjoy the sights.
- Go back and do it again and again and again.